Verifying licensure can greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim of contractor fraud and can save you time, money and damages in the long run. The Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors (LSLBC) now offers 3 different quick ways to verify licensure. Search results are returned in real time so contractors, homeowners, permit offices and the general public can access the most current licensure/registration information.
3 Ways to Verify Licensure
- LSLBC’s website
Use “Contractor Search” located at top of this webpage or click HERE. The Contractor Search feature offers several ways to search for a licensed contractor such as by Contractor name, license number, license type, location, etc.
- LSLBC Mobile Application (La. Contractor)
Users can search the LSLBC database by company name, license number, or by the qualifying party’s name. Users can also use the app to file a complaint or report unlicensed activity. Click HERE to view a short video about this new app!
- TEXT-TO-VERIFY: 1-855-999-7896
Text-to-Verify a text messaging service which allows a user (at no charge) to quickly and easily verify licensure of a contractor. The texting application, called Text-to-Verify, can be assessed just like texting a friend by using the toll free number 1-855-999-7896.
Here is how Text-to-Verify works:
- On your mobile device open a new message
- Type in the toll free number 1-855-999-7896 as the recipient
- In the text box type either the License Number, Company Name, or Qualifying Party Name; (only use one of the search options per text)
- If your search does not find a licensed contractor, your results will indicate “No company was found.”