• 2525 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, 70808
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

What are the specific insurance requirements for Residential license?

The board requires home improvement, residential, and mold remediation applicants to submit proof of insurance coverage before a license or registration can be issued. You must maintain continuous insurance coverage while holding an active license or registration. You must provide current insurance certificates to the board upon expiration. Failure to submit these documents can cause the board to take action.

Coverage Amount: Proof by certificate of current general liability insurance in the amount of $100,000 and worker’s compensation insurance
 Insured: Must have the correct name of the company or individual applying for the license/registration on the certificate.
 Certificate Holder: State Licensing Board for Contractors
2525 Quail Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Description of Operations:

“The Commercial General Liability Policy represented on this Certificate of Insurance provides general liability coverage for (the specific trade(s))  operations subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.”

Specific trade(s) examples include: residential home contracting, residential swimming pools, residential pile driving, residential foundations, residential framing, residential roofing or residential masonry/stucco.


Effective/Expiration dates and limits of coverage must be shown on the certificate.
The insurance agent MUST email the certificate of insurance to: insurance@lslbc.louisiana.gov



Renew Online

Click here to access our online renewal application.

Weathering the Storm

Don’t be a victim twice. Learn the proper steps to take before your hire a contractor for your home repairs. Learn more


Type your email address below and receive our newsletter to stay in the know!  

  Click HERE to view  bulletins

Translate »