• 600 North Street, Baton Rouge, 70802
  • (225) 765-2301
  • Text-To-Verify: 1 (855) 999-7896

How do I report a change in a qualifying party?

In accordance with Section 113 of the Rules and Regulations of the Board, when the qualifying party terminates employment with the licensee, the licensee must notify the board, in writing, within 30 days of the disassociation and another party must qualify within 60 days of the disassociation.

If your firm has undergone a qualifying party change, the following must be submitted prior to updating the license:

  1. Submit the completed form called “Disassociation of a Qualifying Party” notifying the board of the disassociation of the qualifying party and the replacement qualifying party to be added. Click HERE to download the form.
  2. Submit the completed, initialed, signed and notarized form called “Application for Qualifying Party”. Click HERE to download the form.
  3. Submit required fees (as listed on the Disassociation of a Qualifying Party form)

After we process the required documents and fees, we will send the testing information by email to the new qualifying party if an exam is required.


Interactive Web Portal

Click HERE to renew your license, schedule exams, update your contact information, print a copy of your certificate and more.

Weathering the Storm

Don’t be a victim twice. Learn the proper steps to take before you hire a contractor for your home repairs. Learn more


Type your email address below and receive our newsletter to stay in the know!  

  Click HERE to view  bulletins


Translate »